Frequency Specific Microcurrent
A non-invasive and painless technique for treating pain by using low-level electrical currents.
Why Use FSM
FSM is a technique for treating pain that uses low-level electrical current. The current is delivered to certain parts of the body in an attempt to relieve the pain. Frequencies have a direct effect on our bodies and can almost instantaneously change the chemistry. For example, there are frequencies clinically proven to reduce inflammation and others that improve circulation. It’s like writing a computer program for our bodies to heal. There are 100’s of frequencies that we use to reduce inflammation and pain.
Initial Consultation Required
An initial consultation with Dr. Graziano is required to find out if you are a candidate for FSM.
If you are determined to be a candidate, we can perform your first procedure the same day.
What To Expect With FSM
Quick & Painless
The procedure is quick and effective, you can be in and out of the office in as little as 30 minutes.
Once you are evaluated, the doctor will analyze your presentation and give you an estimate of the number of treatments likely needed based on clinically evidence based data.
The treatment process is repeated 2-5 times a week until maximum improvement is seen. Then a maintenance regimen is often prescribed to prevent recurrence. Maintenance may be as little as 1-2 times per month.
The number of procedures you will need will vary based on your specific condition, the amount of time you've had it, etc.
Absence of Symptoms
FSM can and often results in a complete absence of symptoms, even in severe pain conditions that have been present for years.
Conditions That We Treat With FSM
- Kidney Stones
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Disc Injuries
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Neuromas (overgrowth and scarring to a nerve after an injury)
- Tendonitis (inflammation and/or swelling of the tendon)
- Acute (sudden) And Chronic (long-term) Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Acute And Chronic Neuropathic (nerve) Pain
- Chronic Fracture And Bone Pain
- Torticollis (head is tilted to one side)
- Disc Injuries / Discogenic- And Facet-Based Pain
- Viscerally-referred Pain
- Plantar fasciitis
Common Questions Regarding FSM
- How Does FSM Work?
- FSM is applied to the body with a device that delivers a mild current. Microcurrent is an extremely mild electrical current (one millionth of an ampere). In FSM, depending on the tissue involved, specific frequencies are selected to encourage natural healing of the body and to reduce pain.
- Is FSM Painful?
- Treatment with FSM is non-invasive and painless. The currents used in FSM are so low that the patient often does not feel them. During the procedure, patients may notice certain effects, including warmth and a softening of affected tissues
- Is FSM Covered By Insurance?
- Insurance companies only like to cover treatments that don’t actually fix the problem. So we’re out of network for all insurance. The good news is, that you are the one in charge of what procedures you get, not an insurance company and acupuncture treatment is very affordable.
While FSM is one of our offerings, in our clinic Dr. Graziano will meet with you and evaluate your specific needs to determine if you are a candidate for our services. Then, if you are a good candidate for our clinic, she will formulate a treatment plan tailored specifically to you. The majority of the time, her treatment plans draw from all of our services to give you the best comprehensive care and get you the results you desire in the most expeditious method.
"I started seeing Dr. Dawn two weeks after giving birth to twins. Since then, she has been a crucial part of my postpartum healing and stress management of being a new mom. Her treatments encouraged my body to tap into its own faculties to heal itself, achieve balance, and operate at optimum levels. She is now my family practitioner, having helped heal my babies' eczema and provided relief to my husband's various aches and pains of being a new dad. If you're looking for a medical professional with well rounded and deep knowledge of the body, passionate about their work, and has huge respect for and kindness toward all people, Dr. Dawn is the one for you!" Marielee M.