COVID-19 Illness/Travel Policy
Dr. Dawn Graziano
In light of the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are asking that you NOT come to the clinic if any of the following are applicable to you or anyone in your household:
- Fever (oral temperature 100.4° or higher) or symptoms of fever (such as chills or body aches) within the past 24 hours. Please do not consider yourself fever-free until your temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours without the use of Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil (ibuprofen).
- Cough or sneezing for any reason.
- Shortness of breath.
- Nausea or diarrhea.
- Loss of sense of smell and/or taste.
- Any travel out of state or group gathering within the past 14 days.
- Close contact with a person known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Healthcare workers who have been in contact with patients known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
If any of the situations described above is applicable to you, our usual late cancellation policy will not apply. We are now conducting telemedicine sessions; please let us know if you need to convert your existing appointment to a telemedicine session so that we can make the necessary adjustments.
Please help us to decrease the number of people in our waiting room and wait in your car if you arrive early. If you are accompanied by family member(s), please consider having them wait in the car (weather permitting) during your appointment.