Dry Needling Is A Technique Used To Treat Trigger Point Pain and Myofascial Pain.
Why Use Dry Needling
Dry needling is a technique used to treat trigger point pain and myofascial pain. Other terms commonly used to describe dry needling, include Acupuncture, trigger point dry needling, and intramuscular manual therapy.
We are the only physicians in the Niles Illinois area who have extensive training in both Dry Needling and Orthopedic Acupuncture.
Initial Consultation Required
An initial consultation with Dr. Graziano is required to find out if you are a candidate for Dry Needling.
If you are determined to be a candidate, we can perform your first procedure the same day.
What To Expect With Dry Needling
Quick & Effective
The procedure is quick and effective, you're in and out of the office in 50 minutes.
Once you are evaluated, the doctor will determine based upon your clinical presentation a treatment plan and adjust as needed during the course of your care.
The dry needling process is repeated 2-4 time a week until maximum improvement is seen. Then a maintenance regimen is often prescribed to prevent recurrence. Maintenance may be as little as 1-2 times per month.
Accelerated When Paired With Acupuncture
Dry Needling Therapy is most effective when paired with Acupuncture Therapy simultaneously.
Absence of Symptoms
Dry Needling can and often results in a complete absence of symptoms, even in severe pain conditions that have been present for years.
Conditions That We Treat With Dry Needling
Back & Neck Pain
- Including Degenerated / Dehydrated Discs
- Facet Arthrosis
- SI Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff
- Tennis / Golfers Elbow
- Migraine & Tension Type
- Hip and Gluteal Pain
- Knee Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis/Tendonosis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Muscular Strains/Ligament Sprains
- Chronic Pain
- Athletic Performance
Common Questions Regarding Dry Needling
- Am I A Candidate for Dry Needling?
- Patients suffering from any kind of pain, stiffness, soreness, limited ROM, tight muscles, or to prevent injury are considered as candidates for Dry Needling Therapy.
- I've had surgery, can I still get Dry Needling Therapy?
- Yes! Dry Needling is used post operatively everyday across the world. It actually helps you to heal faster. Studies show acupuncture and dry needling can speed up healing by 5 times.
- Is Dry Needling Covered By Insurance?
- Insurance companies only like to cover treatments that don’t actually fix the problem. So we’re out of network for all insurance. The good news is, that you are the one in charge of what procedures you get, not an insurance company and acupuncture treatment is very affordable.
While Dry Needling is one of our offerings, in our clinic Dr. Graziano will meet with you and evaluate your specific needs to determine if you are a candidate for our services. Then, if you are a good candidate for our clinic, she will formulate a treatment plan tailored specifically to you. The majority of the time, her treatment plans draw from all of our services to give you the best comprehensive care and get you the results you desire in the most expeditious method.